- UK health secretary refuses to rule out further curbs before Christmas
- The science case for more Covid restrictions is overwhelming
- Mass rapid tests in Liverpool cut hospital stays by a third
- Netherlands enter strict lockdown over Christmas
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The head of Germany’s domestic intelligence agency has been talking about the potential for serious acts of political violence coming from the country’s anti-vaccine movement, in which organised far right activists are increasingly involved in some regions.
Thomas Haldenwang, the president of the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution, said in an interview with journalists from the Funke media group: “It is true that there is a difference between talking about violence and committing it,”